With the phenomenal growth of the internet over the last decades has come an equally revolutionary growth in the number of jobs available for writers, illustrators, and videographers within the digital media industry. There’s really never been a better time for creative artists with solid digital media skills to find employment, since the public’s appetite for new information presented in unique and original ways is voracious.
Jobs Which Require Digital Media Skills
The types of jobs you can apply for with digital media skills are numerous, and the list just keeps on growing. Digital media job titles include: social media manager, web content manager, multimedia specialist, digital media specialist, content test specialist, game designer, media planner, blogger, digital engagement specialist, brand coordinator, content coordinator, content writer, graphic designer, digital content editor, social media communications strategist, and digital photographer, public relations specialist, broadcast news analyst, technical writer, and marketing coordinator.
Digital Media Majors: Salary and Career Facts
Digital media professionals create animations and computer-generated effects for films, games, websites and other related media.
Digital Media Design Degree
- Montgomery County Community College: Interactive Media - Web Design
- Edinboro University, Edinboro, PA
- DeVry University: Digital and Web Design Programs
- Harvard Extension School: Digital Media
- Pratt's Digital Arts major includes animation (both 3-D and 2-D) and interactive arts as concentrations in its B.F.A. in Digital Arts.