SQL Procedure to generate INSERT statements from the existing data sp_generate_inserts written by Vyas.
exec sp_generate_inserts '[table_name]', @top=1, @Include_Timestamp = 1, @owner='[schema]'
Procedure to generate INSERT statements from the existing data
SQL 2008 Generate Script utility may generate Insert statements for all of the data in table.
- Right click on the database and go to Tasks -≷ Generate Scripts
- Select the tables (or object) that you want to generate the script against.
- Go to Set scripting options and click on the Advanced button.
- In the General category, go to Type of data to script
- There are 3 options: Schema Only, Data Only, and Schema and Data. Select the appropriate option and click on OK.